Purpose of Data Collection
MAHIGO may collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
1) to improve customer service to serve you better;
2) to personalise your user experience;
3) to provide products and services to you;
4) to carry out promotions, contests, surveys and/or campaigns;
5) to send you information which may be of interest to you;
6) to respond to your queries, feedback and/or comments;
7) other purposes incidental to each and/or all of the above.
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect personal data from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to the following;
1) when you visit our
2) when you register an account;
3) when you participate in any contest, survey and/or promotion;
5) when you respond to our promotions, campaigns and/or other initiatives;
6) when you post a feedback and/or any other message through an electronic form;
7) when you submit your personal data for any other reasons.
Collection of Non-Personal Data
As part of the analytics used to measure and analyse visits to our Website; we may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our Website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about means of connection to our Website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers and other similar information.
Our Website may use "cookies" for some functionalities of the Website.
Protection of Personal Data
We will endeavour to protect your Personal Data by adopting appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and data stored on our Website. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so entirely at your own risk.
Sharing your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with our officers and employees, third parties, affiliates, service providers, advisors, and/or vendors for the purposes outlined above.
We may also share your personal data:
· to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
· to the extent where we are required to do so by law;
· any other party with your consent.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain the personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes listed above.
How to make a privacy complaint?
We protect your privacy
The kinds of information we collect and hold may include:
· contact details and identification such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data. We also may collect other data about you such as work information, occupation and date of birth.
· account credentials such as your username and passwords and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
· usage data such as the search terms you enter and the pages you visit. We may also collect data about your device such as IP address, device identifiers, and data about the network, operating system, or software you use to connect to our services.
· location data when you enable location-based features of our services. We may also collect location data derived from your IP address.
· messages in our Chat Service.
Some information we collect might not be included in this list.
How we collect your personal information?
Where we do identify you (such as when you are logged into your online account), we treat any use or disclosure in accordance with this policy.
We sometimes collect your information from other sources including from:
· your telephone service provider such as your listing details for our telephone directories;
· various third parties such as your representatives, social media sites, consumers who use our products; and
· public sources such as from information available on the internet.
In some circumstances, if you don’t provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to
· manage or administer your product or service;
· personalise your experience with us;
· verify your identity or protect against fraud.
How we hold your information?
We store your information in hard copy or electronic format and store it in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by trusted third parties.
We use a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes to help us protect your information and our network.
We aim to keep your information only for as long as we need it e.g. for business related reasons for example to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. When we no longer need the information, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
· check your identity;
· provide and administer our services, including directory services and advertising in various media;
· identify opportunities to help improve our services and technologies and improve those services and technologies;
· help prevent fraud;
· help us maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure;
· promote and market services to you (sometimes even after you leave us); and
· deliver targeted marketing, advertising and content from us and third parties on our websites and third party websites relevant to your interests.
If you don’t want Mahigo Enterprise to contact you for marketing or promotions, please email us. And if you've received emails or messages from us, you’ll need to follow the unsubscribe instructions within those messages to stop them.
When we disclose your personal information to third parties?
In some circumstances, we might disclose your personal information to other organisations. But we only ever do this when providing services to you, or as otherwise stated in this policy. We take all reasonable steps to keep your information secure when we do this, and we require our contracted service providers to comply with privacy and confidentiality obligations to help protect your personal information. These service providers may be based locally or overseas. They help us with tasks like:
· customer enquiries
· information technology
· data verification
· managing your advertising
· managing Your Content
· marketing, telemarketing and sales
· market research, and
· website analysis.
We may disclose your personal information to:
· your authorised representatives or advisers (when you ask us to)
· fraud-prevention organisations
· our related companies
· our professional advisers
· government, regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
· companies involved in a sale of our business or assets
We may store your information in cloud or other types of networked or electronic systems. As electronic or networked systems can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it’s not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held. If your information is stored in this way, disclosures may occur in countries other than those listed.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in order to operate our business, including to provide services to our customers such as marketing databases that can be used by our customers to supply information regarding products and services that may be of interest to individuals and businesses, to make sure our customers’ data is up-to-date and accurate.
How to make a privacy complaint?